Phone : +1 514 656 8178

Quebec International Students

Educational Credentials

To be admitted to a Quebec Educational institution, your educational credentials must be equivalent to those required of Quebec students.

At the undergraduate level, you must have earned the equivalent of the Diploma of pre-university college studies (DCS) which recognizes two years of schooling following secondary school, i.e. 13 years in all.  Some universities may accept students who have completed 12 years of schooling, in which case the university program would be extended by one year.

At the college level, you must have earned the equivalent of the diploma of Secondary Studies (DSS), which recognizes 11 years of schooling.

Language Capabilities

To be admitted to a program of study in French or English, you must have sufficient language skills to be able to complete the program successfully.  Educational institutions may assess your language level in whatever manner they see fit.

Providing an official description of relevant courses you have successfully completed, along with the corresponding grade transcripts, this will increase your chances of being granted equivalencies for certain courses.

There are three Anglophone universities in Quebec:

Concordia University in Montreal

McGill University in Montreal

Bishop`s University in Sherbrooke

Your application for submission must include a most recent transcript, Birth Certificate and a fee for evaluating your application.

Decisions pertaining to admission are often based on the official preliminary results that are available when the files are being reviewed.  They also take into account the student`s cumulative academic record.  Students who qualify by only a narrow margin are not assured of being admitted into a program subject to a quota.

Once you have received your letter of admission from a Quebec Educational institution, you need to obtain a Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) issued by the Gouvernment du Quebec.  To obtain a CAQ for studies, you must demonstrate that you have the necessary resources to cover tuition fees, transportation expenses (funds for a return ticket to your country of origin at the end of your studies), settling-in expenses in the first year, and annual living expenses for duration of your stay.  The financial capacity you need to demonstrate must include the cost of health and hospitalization insurance for you and if applicable members of your family accompanying you.

A Study permit issued by the Government of Canada.

If you come from a visa exempt country you do not need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)  however if you come from a country which requires a Temporary resident Visa, this would be your final step to apply for a TRV in order to enter Canada.

A study permit does not authorize you to enter Canada, nor does a CAQ.

Costs of Living for an International Student

آبی پر رنگ

Any questions on the Québec international student program contact us, a member of our staff will gladly answer to any questions or concerns